Aquatic Biodiversity & Environmental Assessment
Canada-China Exchange Field Course
◦ Canada-China 2013 Field Course Blog: http://canadachina2013.wordpress.com
◦ Canada-China 2012 Field Course Blog: http://queensuchina2012.wordpress.com
◦ Canada-China 2011 Field Course Blog: http://canadachina2011.wordpress.com
◦ Canada-China 2010 Field Course Blog: http://canadachina.wordpress.com
◦ (Visitors from China) Please visit our Mirror Blog: http://canadachina.blog.163.com
A True International Exchange
Since 2005, the course involves Canadian students from Ontario and BC universities, and Chinese students from Fudan U., Zhejiang U., Southwest U. and now Tongji U. and Beijing Normal U. also take part in the course. Each summer students spends two weeks in Canada based in QUBS to visit the surrounding areas and two weeks in China traveling the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze (over 2000 km). Chinese and Canadian students work in pairs to conduct fieldwork, write scientific reports, and contribute to a course blog. Each student gives a seminar presentation about the specific local environmental issues. Through discussion and hands-on experience students learn and witness local and international environmental issues by themselves and through classmates' eyes.
A Never Ending Learning Experience
Many course alumni have moved on to pursue careers and committed to life-long learning in environment and conservation related areas. Students consider this course to be a spring-board that allows them to learn and appreciate the world and life.