Areas of Graduate Supervision
Dr. Overall has supervised or is supervising graduate students working on the following issues:
· procreative ethics and social policy
· topics in feminist philosophy, such as
o sex, gender, transgender, and the body
o the nature of equality
o women and death
· topics related to sexuality and sexual ethics
· topics in philosophy of religion.
She has been a second reader, examiner, or external examiner for theses on the following:
· animal rights
· disability theory
· feminist ethics
· responsibility and forgiveness
· authenticity and identity
· spirituality and sexual abuse.
She is interested in working with MA or PhD students in any of the following areas:
· feminist philosophy (especially questions about gender, sex, sexuality, trans identities, disability, age, or socioeconomic class);
· applied ethics and bioethics (especially questions in procreative ethics and social policy, or questions about aging, death, and longevity);
· philosophy of religion.
Christine Overall links: