Here are some common terms used in builing, and this handbook:
- Short for 'description'.
- Database. The files that make up the 'world' of a dikumud.
- A bit-vector that tells the mud that a particular monster,
object, or room has a certain quality. (i.e. 'Dark', 'Magic',
'Aggressive') See Flags in Basics.
- Mobile. A monster.
- This is a tilde: ~ . It signifies the end of a line or
a field in some of the database files.
- An object, monster, or room's unique identification number. Stands for
- Used synonimously with 'area'.
On to the next section
Back to the previous section
Back to the Builders' Handbook contents
Back to the C.A.W. Homepage
Last modified: June 24th, 1996